Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mid-July Inspirations

I was saying a while ago that several things from the Preview magazine July issue caught my attention and are instantly inspirations. Now, I wanna share them with you. I have this habit of browsing through fashion magazines, blogs, and the net for inspirations.

First - the rock-and-roll-I-don't-care-I-just-get-out-of-bed hair do. I'm in love with rock and roll, messy hair. I prefer to keep my hair unkempt and not too polish since that makes anyone look young, fresh, and sexy. I find an alluring sexy vibe in a messy hairdo. Here's a photo from Proenza Schouler S/S 2011 showing the hair I looooove.

sexy hair a la Serena van der Woodsen
Serena van der Woodsen is my peg for the sexy, messy hair
Second - Pretty Woman. I love Joel Escober's collection for Fashion Watch 2011. I really adore the flowy, feminine long gowns and mid-length dresses. They're too pretty! I love the shredded fabric that appeared like fur in the dresses. Here are some of the pieces I adore from the collection:
My favorite!




Third - Natural. Organic products have been all the rage this past few months. Packaging became non-plastic, food transformed into organic, even our beauty products became natural. Recently, Pond's introduced its natural white beauty facial foam and moisturizer. I have yet to try this product since I read a few good reviews on it.
Pond's White Beauty
Models from Maria Escote SS 2011 Collection portrays natural beauty
 Chloe has been synonymous to natural beauty. Pieces are very feminine and models portray a natural look. I love the ghoulish look in the recent SS 2011 campaign. Here are my favorite pieces from the collection:




Fourth - Bouncy hair. In Preview July issue beauty crisis, the focus is on the hair. The magazine discusses how to get super volume hair with the right products.  I've seen Anne Curtis in the Phil. Fashion Week Holiday 2011 collection when she walked the runway for L'oreal Paris show. Her hair is super bouncy and full of life.

Anne Curtis at PFW L'oreal Show
Blumarine SS 2011 Campaign

Fifth - Charina Sarte.  She's one of the best-dressed in Preview's list for the year. I adore her style since it is sexy, sophisticated, and urban. I love her dresses! 
Wearing her own creation
Shorts really make our legs look looooonger
From her Holiday 2010 collection
Another piece from her Holiday 2011 collection
Wearing her own design
Divine Lee in a Carina Sarte dress
As a treat, Charina Sarte will hold a three-day sale in her Greenbelt 5 store from July 19 to 21. So to all those who love her style, you should go check out the sale. I heard some pieces will go up to 70% off!! You may check out her website for a preview of what she offers: http://www.charinasarte.com/ or check out IM-HM for her collection: http://im-hm.com/charina_sarte See you ladies!

Photo credits: Living Vogue, Style Samurai, Style Bible, Askmewhats.com, Fashionwindows.net, Jesuswassize0.wordpress.com, Chocoandmoney.blogspot.com, My-fashion-space.blogspot.com, Annecurtisphotogallery.blogspot.com. Jordysbeautyspot.blogspot.com, Shouldbechic.blogspot.com, Denalovesfashion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment