Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Philippine Fashion Week Day 3

Follow my blog with bloglovin

Like This!


Philippine Fashion Week Holiday 2011 Collection was held last week, May 8 to 15, 2011 at the SMX Convention Center.  I attended the week-long event together with my sister, who is a fashion worshipper just like me.  I love that I share my fasyon interest with my sister.  We were able to secure tickets for the Day 3 to 6 shows.  For the 3rd day, I decided to rock a lolita-cum-tough chic look.

I wore my sister's floral tube top with my jeans, gladiator platforms, and my trusted LV Neverfull bag.

I came straight from work that night, I actually came from a meeting with a client so just imagine how much little time I had to change outfit and do my makeup and hair.  I decided to wear my hair down since I'm wearing a tube top to avoid too much skin exposure. I paired the top with my trusted pair of jeans to give the outfit a less girly feel and top it off with my favorite Zara platforms.  I brought my LV Neverfull bag with me since I was feeling to bring a roomy bag that night.

My fabulous sister wore her chiffon F21 dress with a fedora hat and her trusted heels.
My sister, who is a devoted girly-girl, wore her Forever 21 chiffon dress together with a fedora hat (a gift from her boyfriend), her Forever 21 platforms, chain bag from SM Department Store, Jones New York cardigan, and her thrifted necklace.

My sister and I. :)
I love that I have a fabulous sister to share my passion for fashion.  We share clothes, accessories, fashion tips, and even shoes (at times) although we don't share the same size.  I think we got this love for all things fabulous from our dad.  Isn't it weird to get this trait from your father, instead of getting it from your mom? Haha!

We spotted Sarah Meier at the fashion show! She looks gorgeous in that floor-sweeping number!
Watching the PFW not only means eye candy on the runway, the people at the front row are really pleasing to the eyes as well.  We spotted Preview Magazine's Editor in Chief Pauline Suaco-Juan, Fashion Ed Daryl Chang, MTV VJ and model Sarah Meier, socialites Divine Lee with bf Victor Basa, Vicky Herrera, bag designer Amina Aranaz-Alunan together with sister Rosanna Aranaz, Tessa Prieto-Valdes, and Crystal Henares to name a few.



I decided to wear pink as the color of makeup for the night.  I am usually spotted wearing smokey eyes with pale lips and zero cheek blush.  But for this event, I tried applying pink blush on my cheeks and realized it makes me look healthy and flushed. That's why I am always going for the pink cheeks look!




Philippine Fashion Week Holiday 2011 collection is indeed an affair to remember. Watching the models sashayed down the runway gives me chills, seeing the creations of designers is like heaven for me. Philippine Fashion is really something, us Filipinos, should be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment