Sunday, April 10, 2011

Vintage Lovin

Follow my blog with bloglovin

Like This!

There's always this classy and feel-good vibe of wearing vintage.  It's like wearing a piece of history.  Rummaging through my lola, mom, and auntie's closets always scores me a piece or two of amazing pieces.  This time, an aunt's dress found its way into my hands.  I just had it customized to fit my size and customized to my preferred hem length.

The vintage dress from an aunt
I just accessorized it with a scarf from Trucco, platforms from Zara, bag from London, belt from SM Department Store, and a bright lip. I decided not to wear necklace, cocktail ring, or bangles since it will overwhelm the whole look.
The red lip pops out because of the color of the dress.
The bamboo trees make for a great background since it makes the color of the entire outfit pop out. I love that nature is very fashion-friendly.

The scarf is one of the most versatile items in a woman's closet. It can transform into a pashmina to keep you covered and warm, into a cover-up when you're at the beach, into a bag accessory for a fashionable take on the leather essential, or into a turban (just like what I did for this post) to cover your hair from the harmful rays of the sun (or to just look fasyon).
Who would have thought that the once blah dress will look so chic when altered.
I love the versatility of the platforms.  It goes great with a dress, with jeans, with short shorts, or with a skirt.

Dresses instantly make me feel sexy, chic, and confident that's why this is the most used and versatile item in my closet. I just can't get enough of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment