Monday, June 20, 2011

The Beautiful Life

Follow my blog with bloglovin

Like This!

I am an avid fan of everything about supermodels - I'm intrigued by their lives, the secret behind their glowing complexions albeit their unhealthy lifestyle, the business of the beautiful people, and every little detail in their beautiful lives.  I find myself browsing the net for photos of supermodels Natasha Poly, Natalia Vodianova, Racquel Zimmerman, Lily Donaldson, Daria Werbowy, and of course, the supermodel of supermodels, Kate Moss.  I am fascinated by their lives, their career, their day to day activities, and how they maintain that beautiful overall physical look.  I'm not limited to the net, I also read books, magazines, watch flicks and TV series that focus on their lives.  One of the TV series that got me hooked is CW's The Beautiful Life.  Watch the season preview here:

 

The series premiered last September 2009.  The show just had five episodes.  Too bad they had to cut the show off due to the limited number of viewers.  I just don't understand why they didn't get high ratings and enough viewers for them to continue running the show; I find this intriguing, worth watching for. Thank God for YouTube I will still be able to watch the episodes (yes, the whole five of them) over and over again.  

The Beautiful Life cast
the beautiful people :)
I'm loving the models' off-duty looks.  They're often seen in stovepipe jeans, leather jackets, heels, and a white shirt.  I'm crazy about Sonja Stone's (played by Mischa Barton) and Claudia Foster (played by Elle McPherson) hair here.  Soft waves with extreme volume spell va va voom!  Sonja's hair is definitely my favorite peg for the perfect beach waves. 
Elle McPherson plays Claudia Foster while Mischa Barton plays Sonja Stone
The fact that the story revolve around backstage, the reality of the business, the lives of the models make this series interesting.  Well aside from the story, what I really dig is their outfits.  Here are some of my favorite looks in TBL's short stint on screen.

Raina Mayer, played by Sara Paxton, in the red Zac Posen number that launched her career

Sonja the morning after the Zac Posen show
I've fallen in love with the red Zac Posen gown the moment Raina walked down the runway.  The moment was perfect, ethereal.  I'm also loving the off-duty outfits of Sonja.  Her love for everything dark, studded, and chic made me like her.  She used to pile on rings and stock up on bangles.  And it didn't overpower her skinny frame, the accessories really complemented her whole look - very supermodel!

Sonja in a Versace mini dress
Raina in one of her off-duty looks
Cole (played by Nico Tortorella) and Raina at a Calvin Klein party
Cole and Raina at the Versace shoot
Cole, my favorite male model in TBL
I adore Raina and Marissa Delfina (played by Ashley Madekwe) in this series.  Even if Marissa's a bitchy fame whore who doesn't think twice in messing up with anybody just as long as she gets what she wants, I still love her.
Photo credits: CW, TV Guide, Access Hollywood, Popcrunch.com, Gossip Girl episodes, Cinemablend.com, Disneydreaming.com,

No comments:

Post a Comment